Saturday, March 6, 2021

Great Artists: A Zoom Visit with John Svoboda

John Svoboda is a guitarist, composer, arranger, teacher, performer, philosopher, coffee aficionado, runner, baseball fan.....he is also my friend. He and his wife, Myra, are a duo known as No Bow Tie, and they are spreading the blasphemy of classical music played on steel string guitars, banjos, electric bass....and God knows what else. John can meld Dvorak with Rush or Mozart with Albeniz. He's like a mad scientist creating musical Frankensteins in his laboratory. But, Mr. Svoboda also plays "legit" classical guitar, loves opera, and can play the violin (yes John, I remember!) He is quite a tornado of creativity.

I am opening this blog up to incorporate the "spoken word." I have a YouTube page where I post music I have recorded. I have done many interviews for this blog in the last 6 years, but the one thing I don't like is the process of transcribing the interview...it takes me forever. So I recorded my Zoom conversation with John and am going to share it here. It is not produced nor edited...I don't know how to do that yet. At one point, I realized my computer was not plugged in, so I had to dive under the desk to find the power chord and plug it back in. But what the hell. It is honest and authentic. I hope you enjoy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment