Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Great Artists: A Zoom Conversation with Maestro Jim Murray

I've known Jim Murray since 2005 when he became the Conductor and Music Director of the Heritage Philharmonic. I have played the violin in this orchestra for more than 20 years now...man, it's hard to believe it has already been that long! Jim took over for another great conductor, Jack Ergo, who occupied the podium for 25 years prior to his arrival. There are so many wonderful things about Jim, but what stands out to me is how much he truly loves music. It's not just his job. Maestro Murray is also the Conductor and Music Director for the Northland Symphony Orchestra, and the Metropolitan Youth Orchestra of Kansas City. And if that isn't enough, he also teaches music at the Metropolitan Community College-Maple Woods. I have linked his bio below.

Maestro Murray and I have talked for years about doing an interview for my blog. Well, we finally got it done. Here is the first of what I hope are many conversations.



http://www.heritagephilharmonic.org/music-director--conductor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment