Friday, July 2, 2021

Routines, Ear Worm Relief

It's been at least fifteen years ago...my son Jack went to one of those do-it-yourself pottery places and made me a coffee mug for Father's Day. I have to say, it remains one of my most prized possessions. Father's day came on a Sunday that year, and since then, every Sunday, I drink my coffee from this cup alone. Not on any other day...just Sunday. Every Sunday.




I love everything about this mug...my name, a running shoe (New Balance)...I don't recall every wearing New Balance, but that's irrelevant...and his signature with a smile inside. Welcome to my Sunday ritual.

******************************************************************************

The other day, my wife told me that in one of her dreams, she heard the song Billy Don't Be A Hero. I instantly asked Alexa to play this song, and then it was stuck in my head. We all go through that at times...a song or melody becomes imbedded in our heads and it plays constantly, driving us crazy. I have found a cure for this phenomenon...it is Debussy. His Arabesque no. 1 specifically. Something in this beautiful work kills the annoying tune in your head.


****************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment